We registered for MyMedicare – now you can tooSearch for MT DRUITT MEDICAL CENTRE SERVICES TRUST when registering.
Mt Druitt Medical Centre has joined thousands of healthcare providers across Australia in registering in MyMedicare, a new voluntary registration system that will help us formalise the relationship between us and our patients.
MyMedicare allows you to nominate a general practice and general practitioner as your regular healthcare provider. When you register in MyMedicare, extra funding from the Australian Government becomes available to support our practice to provide more of the targeted care you need.
Patients who register with our practice in MyMedicare may benefit from:
• longer MBS-funded telephone consultations, from 1 November 2023
• longer bulk billed telehealth consultations for children under 16 and Commonwealth card holders.
• connections to more appropriate care in general practice for people with chronic conditions who visit hospital frequently, from mid-2024.
Formalising the patient-practice relationship, like with MyMedicare, has been shown to improve health and wellbeing, and that is why we are inviting all of our regular patients to register in MyMedicare.
If you have a valid Medicare card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Veteran card and have had two face-to-face consultations with us in the last 24 months, you are eligible for MyMedicare.
Registration is easy. To register as a MyMedicare patient, you can:
• fill out a paper registration form at our practice
• complete the registration process in your Medicare Online Account
• ask our team to start the registration process – you can then complete registration in your Medicare
Ask about MyMedicare next time you talk to us. For more information visithttps://www.health.gov.au/our-work/mymedicare?utm_source=health.gov.au